Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Le Bistrot Méricourt

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
sfcarole

MessageSujet: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Dim 4 Oct - 18:01

Thank you Sophie to your article on Le Bistro Méricourt which led us to a wonderful dinner last night (as well as Jake's recommendation!):  http://www.ptipois.com/archives/2015/07/30/32422106.html

Mehdi Kebboul, the chef, appears to be an amazing talent, aside from being a charming, enthusiastic, generous and truly delightful host.  When we walked in last night, while taking off my jacket, I mentioned I had read Sophie Brissaud’s article and was very excited about the dinner.  Our server (pictured on their FB page under the chef’s head) said - You know Sophie? - I said, Yes, a little. From that point on R and I were treated like royalty!

Once again, we couldn’t say no to the menu dégustation which was five courses, as follows:

-1 Squid ink cracker with tuna tartare with avocado and yuzu mayonnaise
0 Amuse:   St. Pierre aux agrumes, lentilles, navet paper thin, petit dollop of pesto. 
1 Cabillaud with a creamy coffee mousse & chopped hazelnuts, baby bok choy and velouté de potiron
2 Oeuf mollet with snails confits and girolles on a bed of creamy semolina with herbs, and a delicious dark sauce 
3 Large pieces of lobster claw and back on a large round artichoke ravioli, cèpes
4 Puff pastry encasing pigeon and foie gras on the bottom and sides with a delectable red cabbage confit, and on the side a purée of celery root with small cut up potatoes and pine nuts on top
5 Kaffir Lime custard cake with basil whipped cream and lemon or yuzu sorbet. A few berries. A cracker thin chocolate wafer. 

Everything was superb. With Le Galopin and Dilia, these three seem at the top of their game. Very special indeed.

At the end of the evening, while standing at the bar and chatting with the gentleman in charge of the salle (Nicholas?), Mehdi brought out to us some fresh madeleines still warm in the pan. Oh, what an evening. How does Paris manage to have so many great chefs? And thank you again Sophie! We owe you!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Lun 5 Oct - 3:06

Booked!   Thanks, Pti and you.
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Jeu 8 Oct - 21:45

Good. Le Bistrot Méricourt is a great address. And oh those madeleines!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
JakeD

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Dim 11 Oct - 1:09

And here is a belated thank you, Sophie, for bringing this to our attention.  Carole, your review brings back a good memory.
sfcarole

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Jeu 12 Mai - 18:22

I was sad to see last night that Mehdi Kebboul has left, replaced by Sebastien Dubrulle. Dinner was still very good, but not on the same level as Mehdi's. And I missed the madeleines! Nicolas still as charming as ever.
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   Sam 13 Aoû - 22:00

Mehdi has not said his last word. Far from it. In June I had the pleasure to attend a special dinner cooked by him and his girlfriend Hliza Ayun at a secret place, organized by the excellent private dining club Tablées cachées

This Summer he did a few gigs in Corsica and the South of France. When he left Le Bistrot Méricourt, he had the clear intention of streamlining and improving his cooking style. He is now searching for a place to create a new restaurant. His future is clearly ahead of him.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Le Bistrot Méricourt   

Le Bistrot Méricourt
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1