Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Sherry fino

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Sherry fino   Dim 11 Oct - 0:39

For aperitif last night, I went deeply retro with an old fashioned "tuna and pickled vegetables in tomato sauce antipasto" with sliced baguette.    But what to drink with this strong, acidic combination?    I hadn't a clue what we used to drink with it back in the '70s. 

So I Google it!    Dry sherry.  Dry sherry?   Indeed and absolutely.   La Ina (Lustau) was wonderfully up to the task, held its own yet nicely balanced and complemented the many flavors of the antipasto components.   What a revelation!   

It's interesting to note the similarities of sherry fino and some Juras, which would have been another good option.    I was not previously aware how similar the two are in many ways, including that both rest under a layer of flor or yeast which floats atop the wine in the barrel.   

I learn something new every day.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Sherry fino   Mar 20 Oct - 11:45

The similarity between Jerez wines and Juras is their oxidative qualities, due to the flor or voile technique. These are fantastic wines and they go with literally everything.

In the same category, I love the Vin de voile de Gaillac (Plageoles) and some very dry white wines from Andalucia (Montilla-Moriles). And of course Shaoxing rice wine which is the epitome of oxidative wines.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com

Sherry fino
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1