Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

On sharing restaurant recommendations

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: On sharing restaurant recommendations   Lun 19 Oct - 17:18

From the inception of the internet, I've had a problem with sharing treasured addresses with big numbers of unknown people, an ongoing "discussion" I've had with John Talbott over the years.  Happily, LFdP is now a safe haven for exchanging thoughts on small, vulnerable dining rooms.

But as other new sites are created and members are encouraged to create content, I worry about and am incredibly ambivalent about coughing up names that I really value.   

Is this a mutual concern or, with all of the media options out there, is this a paper tiger?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: On sharing restaurant recommendations   Mar 20 Oct - 1:04

I'd be tempted to reply: don't worry about other sites and what you can't control. On n'empêche pas la mer de monter.

There are addresses I never shared on places like CH — it would have been like leaving an open purse on a public bench on a busy avenue. I've had that discussion with John too. I don't expect all my friends to do as I do, but I am positive that it is a wise thing to do. Overexposing nice, fragile ecosystems of restaurants is fatally turning them into zoos and, more seriously, giving them a semi-sacred, international landmark status which is the exact opposite of their nature.

The danger is not so great here because we're not directing people to restaurants, we're discussing them.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com

On sharing restaurant recommendations
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1