Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Where is M. X?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Where is M. X?   Lun 26 Oct - 17:36

Several chefs, who regaled us with Fall plans, have not resurfaced after the summer hiatus.   Is there any word about current or upcoming openings from Tondo?   Any news on Passerini's progress on his rue Traversiere spot?    Or Henry's alleged "bread oriented" new venture?

These guys do deserve down time, but I am surprised at the extent they have vanished from the Google-sphere.    What know ye, boots-on-the-ground in Paris?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Where is M. X?   Mar 27 Oct - 23:45

Giovanni Passerini's pasta place in rue Traversière could open any time now. We can play at who hears about it first.

Simone Tondo is apparently taking some time off, but again these guys never stay inactive for long and I'm sure there'll be some news soon.

As for James' new venture, I'm in a pretty good position to follow that (shhhh!). But at the moment he's in his native Australia and progress is stalled.

I'm not surprised. After all they haven't been "gone" for that long. Bones closed in August, Dilia (at the Roseval location) opened only recently, and Giovanni has been cooking at various places for definite periods since Rino closed. Besides, opening a new place can sometimes take years. I guess they're all more or less experiencing the fact that there is life outside of the Fooding sphere. They're all doing stuff for themselves and that's a good thing.

For one thing, I was happy to hear that Patrice Gelbart is kind of reopening a place at the Caves de Prague, only at lunchtime, and that's excellent news.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com

Where is M. X?
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1