Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Au Passage

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Au Passage   Lun 23 Nov - 23:22

If there was a sleeper moment during our last visit, it was how much the quality of the cooking at Au Passage surpassed my expectations.  We'd never squeezed in time for the previous chefs and I knew nothing of Edward Delling Williams except that he was another expat chef.  A bleak room with mismatched chairs and tables, no attempt at decor except for a poster of a guillotine with the caption, "Our clients are king." But if you want to sit down and be dazzled by plate after small plate of (to us) astonishingly creative and delicious dishes, it's a winner.   The very long menu is written on the chalk-board wall and, except for the charcuterie varieties, changes according to the market.    Every plate we had was (name your superlative).   Every plate was TOO SMALL.   I wanted MORE.   We were amazingly civil in sharing.   We ordered 3 smalls and 2 dinner-sized plates.    While the main course plates were outstanding, I might well go with all smalls on a future visit, doubling down on those we anticipate to be "unsharable", or as you are encouraged to do, order seconds on those we can't live with more of.    (There are also one or two extra large plates for 4, such as a lamb shoulder.)

Wine by the glass, excellent wine advice and service.   This meal was fabulous...even served in a decorless garage-like room that becomes louder and more zoo-like as the evening ages. 

Delling Wllliams may be a force to reckon with.   As we left, he suggested that he might soon be opening a place of his own, maybe named Pollywog, and maybe he just likes to leave guests with a good story.   We'll be watching.

http://www.restaurant-aupassage.fr/en/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Au Passage   Mar 24 Nov - 1:15

Thanks for the report Margaret, this is to try when I'm back. Pollywog is a lovely name, too.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com

Au Passage
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1