Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Le Galopin

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
sfcarole

MessageSujet: Le Galopin   Mar 29 Sep - 18:31

Thanks to Margaret's prompting, we had a superb dinner last night at Le Galopin. The seven courses combined beautifully and left us feeling sated but not catatonically full. Of course we prepared ourselves by having only a light lunch of delightful Lebanese sandwiches at L de Liza on rue de Banque (about 5 euro each). But back to Le Galopin, the courses were roughly:

1 Artichoke hearts, quartered, with citron confit
2 Tomato soup with salmon roe, piment fumé
3 Encornets grilled with red bell pepper purée, greek yogurt, cream of squid ink
4 Lieu jaune, purée of parsley root, fetta, rhubarb “chips”
5 Poulette “Cour de armoise” (it's a brand, and a very good one I understand), courgette, pommes, grapes, toasted breadcrumbs, sauce of Kalamata olive purée
6 Figs, red wine ice cream, lemon verbena cream
7 Chocolate sauce with chocolate shards, ginger ice cream, blueberries, cocoa powder

We loved everything about Le Galopin, especially the friendly and intelligent Maxime, and look forward to returning. I wonder how often they change the menu?

I've tried posting some photos, but being a newbie here, have not been successful.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Mer 30 Sep - 3:24

I am so happy (relieved).    Le Galopin seems to garner love or hate reactions.    I think it is very California as opposed to East Coast, which may account for different expectations.    And, yes, Maxime is adorable.   Romain is also, but it took us a little longer to "break him in".  

Your descriptions are far better than I could ever muster there.   It's my sense that the menu changes by market conditions, usually at least by the week.  

Thanks for this superb report!
sfcarole

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Mer 30 Sep - 9:17

Well, as they would say here: Merci à vous! We were constantly asking questions of Maxime who was very gracious in responding, and perhaps a bit amused. Romain was next door, according to the sous-chef who I approached after the dinner to thank and chat with. The menu reminded us of another 7-course (but light) dinner at Clandé a couple of weeks ago. (So much reporting to catch up on!) And then last night we had an absolutely sensational dinner at Dilia which as you have probably read about, which opened Sept. 15 in the old Roseval location. More about that.
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Jeu 1 Oct - 7:19

I am a fan of Le Galopin, I don't go there nearly enough (a bit far away to be a regular cantine).

I have tried to post pictures here too and haven't succeeded. I'll post a few words about this in the Users stuff section.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Jeu 1 Oct - 18:16

A reminder to all. 

I'm posting it here because we're all only starting and not always sure where we should refer to for basic information.
Simply: all basic information is in the User stuff section.

When you login, the first link on the far right says "Voir les nouveaux messages depuis votre dernière visite". It lets you see any new messages since your last visit. (You knew that!)

Do go to the User stuff section regularly to get all new info, announcements and tutorials.

For instance, I just posted a tutorial for posting pictures! Yay!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
Parigi

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Jeu 18 Fév - 10:53

Coucou to all old (and new) friends: I have a question re le Galopin. I remember several complaints about its noise level. How was it the night you dined there, Carole ?
JakeD

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Dim 28 Fév - 19:09

I'm just now seeing this thread and it reminds us to return.  Also, Carole, I noticed your reference to Clandé, which Sophie has recently (two days ago) reviewed very favorably on her ALPC post -- that looks quite different from Galopin (and apparently much quieter) but very interesting, too. 

-- Jake
Margaret Pilgrim

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Mer 9 Mar - 23:35

Parigi a écrit:
Coucou to all old (and new) friends: I have a question re le Galopin. I remember several complaints about its noise level. How was it the night you dined there, Carole ?
Parigi, I have never found Le Galopin particularly noisy.    Certainly we carry on easy conversation with each other and waitstaff.
sfcarole

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   Jeu 12 Mai - 18:19

We returned to Le Galopin this past Monday, May 9. All courses very fine. No noise problem at all. In fact, it seemed quite subdued. But it is a small place, so one loud person can sometimes spoil things. There was a loud-ish woman (French no less), but Bob gave her the evil eye and she quieted down. Smile Actually her meal arrived and that did it.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Le Galopin   

Le Galopin
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1