Le forum de Ptipois
Hi! Bonjour ! Bienvenue and welcome sur le forum de Ptipois.

Do check the "Forum talk" topic for any forum news.

N'oubliez pas de consulter le sujet "Forum talk" pour les news du forum.
Le forum de Ptipois

Food, drink. Manger, boire.

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
T. Tilash

MessageSujet: Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th   Ven 2 Oct - 23:08

So, my very first "serious" food post, and already I may be breaking the law... Because technically this isn't about a restaurant (so should I have posted it in the "Yummy things" board ?).

Today I grabed a 'dwich, a minute-maid Tropical (I remembered those to taste less metallic and less artificial... almost couldn't finish it) and a chocolate éclair at Les Gourmandises d’Eiffel which has the "best baguette tradition of the 7th arrondissement 2015".

And the éclair was pretty, pretty nice. I usually frown on éclairs that are filled with ganache instead of crème patissière, but this one hit the right spot of dark chocolate flavor but with the right dose of comfort (a.k.a sugar and fat). I wouldn't cross town for it, and am rarely in this neighborhood, but since there is this big pointy thing right next to it, I thought visitors to Paris might be in the neighborhood more often than me.

Oh and by the way, the address is 187 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris, and just around the corner I had a great "half-wild" organic Ethiopian espresso at "Terre de Cafés" (67 avenue de la Bourdonnais
)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.chezfood.com
Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th   Sam 3 Oct - 14:29

Terre de Cafés is nice. Its original location was rue des Blancs-Manteaux, right next to Claude Colliot's restaurant. Glad to see it has spawned.

It doesn't matter if you post stuff that is beside existing topics; that helps me to create new topics where they make sense. Thus I just created this topic for pastry, chocolate, etc. and I'll create another one for bread for I think they're different subjects.

This here thread will be devoted to everything that is related to pâtisserie, confiserie, chocolaterie: addresses and comments thereof, and wider-range discussions on these subjects. Mostly in a French context, but nothing's keeping you from hinting at Japanese, Korean pastry or pastry of any origin for comparative reasons (or not).

The bread topic is located in the Food talk section.

One other thing: if you're looking for your second post in this thread, I've edited the first one in order to paste into it the contents of the second one. That is a functionality of Forumactif which prevents flooding and the forum from putting on too much weight. If you look at the top right of your message window after you've posted, there's an "edit" button. You can use it at your pleasure, knowing that I've set a maximum limit of 5 days for a member to edit a message.

If you want to edit a message after 5 days, please PM me and I can arrange that.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
T. Tilash

MessageSujet: Re: Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th   Dim 4 Oct - 16:09

Yes they have a few shops now (Terre de Cafés). I wanted to go for a long time, but never got a chance, so when I saw the shop near a place I was working at, I jumped at the opportunity. I also grabbed a bag of coffee to try at home with my "Aeropress", and it's not bad, very fruity.

Nice changes to the forum topics, "ça prend forme" ! I'm also happy you changed the "active link" color to orange (the yellow on blue was a bit hard to read).

I will take note to edit my posts in the future, I knew about the option but never realized it helped with the forum's size/bandwidth. Will keep this in mind for the future !

Ptipois
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th   Dim 4 Oct - 16:59

Well about the bandwidth it's something I've heard in the past about that sort of forum. There was an admin who clearly overdid it, condensing members' posts into single large ones. He was not in his right mind. This kind of measure will be exceptional.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ptipois.fr-bb.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th   

Good éclair au chocolat in the 7th
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1